instagram

Saturday, February 25, 2012

More from Taipei

We had a busy and hard day today.  I am so so so tired. When I went to bed last night I smelled something funny and when I went into Natalie's room realized that she had thrown up in her sleep.  The poor little girls was so sick and up for hours which woke Ben up.  Needless to say it was a long night.  Not too long after I feel asleep, it was time for Zach to get up and meet at the church at 7:30 for the youth temple trip.  Madeline watched Ben so I could get a little sleep and then Maddi went to Gymnastics and I had to go to a meeting about planning the next gymnastics meet.  Maddi's coach talked to me after the meeting and kept telling me how much she loves Maddi and how great she is doing on the team. It is always nice to hear good things about the kids. Natalie is feeling better now and I hope the other kids don't get sick.  Poor Natalie has just picked up every little virus and bug that has gone around this year.

Zach and Maddi agree with me that Ben can now say night-night.  We has said a couple days in a row and tonight he said it over and over as he was rubbing his eyes.  Ben also says something like Gog for the dog and yells by the stairs for the basement for Zach.  He will blow a kiss and puts his hand on his ear or holds a toy up to his ear and talks like he is talking on the phone. He is just so cute. I think the best part of the day was watching Zach play with Ben tonight.   Ben kept reaching for Zach's hand to hold and they played and laughed for a long time. It was just the sweetest thing. 

We talked to Brig again on Skype before he left for the airport to fly to Korea.  I am thinking that he should be calling any minute to say that he made it safe.

These are the pictures and part of the email that Brig sent today:
I met President Horner of the temple there and he showed me around. It was like my own custom tour, that was pretty cool. They have church tomorrow at 11, so I will see if I can make it. I need to check when my flight is. The session was nice as I did it in Spanish. There were quite a few people in the session, which is much better than the last time I went to the temple in Taipei. As I was leaving a bus pulled up and literally a hundred people poured into the temple. It was really neat. The temple will be packed today, which was great to see.

 I then got the highlight of my day which was the video call with you guys. I love you guys so much. Ben holding the PC really made my day. I just miss you guys. I actually miss holding the boy and having him grab my leg. I almost miss Natalie’s non-stop talking… J Again I am very sorry that she is sick and I can’t do anything to help you.

After the call, I looked outside and it had stopped raining. So I went running. I ran all over Taipei with my camera so I could take pictures of different things. I attached a picture of the CKS memorial hall. I also saw the Botanical Gardens, Museum of Contemporary Art, Taipei main station, the North Gate, and the Presidential Office on my run. It isn’t as impressive as it seems since all those things are within a square mile. Still it was neat to see so much and not have to get on a subway.
I ate McDonalds, I just needed a break from Chinese food and rode my first Subway to the Taipei 101.

No comments: