instagram

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can



I think I can survive this week...

Brig is in Korea and Taipei until next week. This is going to be one of his longer trips and the kids have a million things to do this week. So, I am going to stay positive and just do what I can.

We went to Cheyenne Sunday since my Aunts, Uncle and cousin went to visit my parents. Everyone is worried about my dad especially since the Doctors have decided that he had a stroke in addition to the diabetic coma and seizure. He is doing so much better even compared to last week especially since the the first thing that he said to me when I walked in was that he liked my haircut.

It was great to see Aunt Bess, Uncle Dyion and cousin Ethan. Aunt Gwen was flying standby wasn't able to make it in until today so I didn't get to see her. Ethan just returned home from his mission and is one of only 4 members of the Skipper family to serve a mission. I think that Zach is next in line to serve.

The kids were going to go skiing with Grandpa Asay Monday morning since it was president's day. They got up and got ready and headed out but didn't make it too far since the road to Laramie was closed. They ended up sledding for a bit but it was just too cold. They played a game with Papa Skipper and then since the kids didn't go skiing, and I was tired from Ben being up most of the night, I left Cheyenne early. I was worried about driving in snow and the crazy wind. I didn't want to hit ice in Monument in the dark. The drive was so windy but we made it home safe. When I got home I saw on the news that there were 70 to 80 mph cross winds along I-25.

Molly dog woke me up in the middle of the night and when I let her out I noticed that our trash can had blown over and our garbage was all over the street. Molly and I gathered garbage at 2:00 in the morning.

Today was a busy day. I had speech clients, Natalie had a play date, Maddi had gymnastics, Zach had scouts and luckily we cancelled activity days. I just finished helping Maddi figure out her science fair project. Not sure who thought of the science fair idea but whoever it is, he not my favorite person right now.

Lunches are made, homework is done, children are in bed, and the dishes will remain on the counter until tomorrow.

No comments: