instagram

Monday, February 27, 2012

Korea

This past week, I have woken up with Natalie next to me almost every morning. I woke Natalie up for school this morning and she asked if she could sleep for 10 more minutes. I think this was the first time in her whole life that she has asked to sleep more. I thought 10 more minutes sounded great so we both went back to bed. I guess I am the only one that went back to sleep.  Natalie brought me breakfast in bed served on a cutting board.    The measuring spoon and the old Diet Mt dew with a swallow or two left cracked me up.  There was s strawberry muffin that the kids and I made yesterday delivered on the cutting board as well, but Natalie said she was still hungry and asked to eat it.    I was soooo tired this morning so it was great to wake up to such a kind gesture from Natalie. 


We had our daily email and pictures from Brig who is now in Korea. Brig wrote:
Ok, so I had a much more interesting day today. I woke up and went running by the big river that runs through Seoul. I can’t remember the name, but it was a very nice run. I felt very good about it.to see the training and the presentation at Hynix tomorrow. He also is traveling around Asia to hammer the field to sell more scopes. I was very happy to have him… J Nothing like spending a day with your boss. The training went very well. After that, the customer visit we were supposed to have was canceled, so I had the afternoon free.I then met with the Agilent representative and Jun Chie to go to do training of our local AE team. Yep, that is right Jun was there. He came out here.
Jun (who is from Seoul), wanted to show me around. It was actually really nice of him. I have attached a picture of him and me at our lunch engagement today (the picture is not the most flattering). He then showed me around the palace and found a really neat shopping area known as Insa-dong, which is where there is a ton of antiques and gift shops. This is the street I have been looking for. I have attached pictures of unique plates that I took at one of the shops. I found this bowl, that I really liked, but it turned out that it was $1000 and I felt that was a little bit too expensive, sorry.
The palace was neat and I am sure we could spend nearly an entire day together just walking around it. Jun and I also took the Seoul subway, it was in English, which made it not too terribly scary.
Well tonight I have a dinner with the field, so we shall see how it goes.

I miss my camera but I do have a few pictures from my phone from the day. I have Ben and Molly dog playing with Mickey Mouse. Molly likes to supervise and is right there with Ben all the time. The kids and I still laugh everytime we find Ben in the book basket. We just don't understand his obsession with it.

No comments: