instagram

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just a little moment

This morning Natalie came and got in bed with me and told me that she had slept like a big girl. That means that she went to sleep and didn't get up. I wish I had been able to sleep so I could have enjoyed Natalie's big girl night. Natalie cuddled up to me and said "I love you so much." It was so sweet. Last night Maddi and cuddled as she read her book to me. I told her that I think she is fabulous and she smiled her sweet little grin. Then there was the look in Zach's eyes when I told him thanks for helping me yesterday and that I was proud of him. He loved that I recognized all that he had done to help. I think I often get distracted by the things that are not done or that are a mess or that seem like a bigger deal, but I need to focus on those little moments that really make a difference. So if Natalie gives Maddi's horse a haircut again or paints the bathroom, I mean her toenails in fingernail polish again I will try to remember that it is just the little moments that count.

No comments: