instagram

Friday, April 10, 2009

I am a lucky Girl!

Holly and I at the Pepsi Center in Denver to see Celine Dion!!!
Celine is right behind Holly except you can't see her because I am a horrible photographer
Celine on the Jumbotron!
Thank you people sitting next to use for the great picture!
Celine was sooo close!!!

Just hanging out with Holly and Celine!
At my house before the concert.
Over a year ago, Brig gave me Celine Dion tickets for my birthday. My sisters and I had talked about going to Las Vegas to see Celine for a long time. Then Celine retired her Vegas show and I thought she was done. Well, my sweet husband found out she was going on tour (thanks to his mom) and got me tickets (thanks again to his mom).
The concert was suppose to be last November but then Celine rescheduled the concert for Feb of 2009. The new date was during the middle of one of Brig's trips to Japan so he could no longer be my date. My dearest friend Holly (who lives in Boise) and I were suppose to meet in Salt Lake in January but ended up cancelling that trip due to weather so Holly came out in February instead to be with me while Brig was gone and she was my date for Celine. Brig was gone so the rule is that the kids have to get sick when he leaves and poor Maddi got a horrible ear infection. My sister Kristi came down to watch my sick kids even though she had to drive back to Denver to work in the morning just so Holly and I didn't miss the concert. I am Lucky to have her so close and lucky that she loves my kids so much. My friend Holly had to coordinate around her 6 six kids including twin babies and her husband's tax season but she did it. I am lucky to have such a great friend who would do all of that just to come spend time with me. We had such a fun time and loved the concert. Brig got us the BEST seats and we were soooo close to Celine. I did get a little lost on the way home from the concert after we finally found the car (it is hard to tell North from South in the dark). Holly saw parts of Denver that I had never been to before. Then we stayed up for hours talking. I was so sad to take her back to the airport the next morning but thankful that I have such a good buddy and such great family and such a great husband who all do so many things like this for me! I am a lucky girl!

1 comment:

Holly Hart said...

You have an extremely lucky friend!! :) You are truly the best! And so is your sister and so is your husband!